SMSC & British Values
At Reignhead we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC) plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides pupils with opportunities to explore and develop:
• their own values and beliefs;
• spiritual awareness;
• high standards of personal behaviour;
• a positive, caring attitude towards other people;
• understanding of their social and cultural tradition;
• and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of different cultures.
SMSC is a dimension of the whole school experience which makes the curriculum relevant, stimulating, creative and fun. It enriches each subject and the ethos of Reignhead and is an essential ingredient of school success.
British Values, as defined by the government, are: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. At Reignhead we believe that promoting these values is of paramount importance and do so daily through every day school life, SMSC development and the rest of the curriculum.